1. Responsible Authority The Aeronautical Information Service ensures the flow of information necessary for the safety, regularity and efficiency of international and national air navigation. It consists of AIS Headquarter, International NOTAM Office (NOF), and aerodrome Pre-flight Information Units (PFIU).
|Postal Address||Aeronautical Information Services
Civil Aviation Authority of Bangladesh
Headquarters, Kurmitola, Dhaka-1229
|Hours of Operation||0900 hrs to 1700 hrs Lt.|
|Telephone||+880 2 7911041-3, Extension 3431, 3409|
|Telefax||+880 2 8901411|
|Postal Address||International NOTAM Office
Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport
Operation Centre, Kurmitola, Dhaka-1229
|Hours of Operation||24 hrs.|
|Telephone||+880 2 7911041-3, Extension 3271|
|Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport, Dhaka||All route segment emanating from Dhaka.|
|Shah Amanat International Airport, Chittagong||Limited coverage; local unit providing coordination service on the basis of aeronautical information received from Dhaka NOF and HSIA, PFIU.|
2. Area of Responsibility The Aeronautical Information Services is responsible for the collection and dissemination of information for entire territory of Bangladesh and for air space over the high seas encompassed by the Dhaka Flight Information Region.
3. Aeronautical Publications The aeronautical information is provided in the form of the Integrated Aeronautical Package consisting of the following elements: - Aeronautical Information Publication (AIP)
- Amendments to the AIP (AIP AMDT)
- Supplements to the AIP (AIP SUP)
- Notice to Airman (NOTAM)
- Pre-flight Information Bulletins (PIB)
- Checklists and Summaries
- Aeronautical Information Circulars (AIC)
- Aeronautical Charts
AIP Bangladesh, Amendments and Supplements The AIP Bangladesh, issued in one volume, is the basic and principal information document and contains information of a lasting character essential to air navigation. It is available in English only. It is maintained up-to-date by amendments and supplements.
NOTAM, PIB, Checklists and Summaries NOTAM contain information concerning the establishment, condition or change in any aeronautical facility, service, procedure or hazard, the timely knowledge of which is essential for personnel concerned with flight operations. NOTAM are published as and when necessary to disseminate information of direct operational significance which is of an ephemeral nature, or require advance distribution, or is appropriate to the AIP but immediate dissemination is required. A checklist of valid NOTAM is prepared monthly. NOTAM and monthly checklist are issued via the Aeronautical Fixed Service (AFS). A printed summary of NOTAM is distributed by mail to all recipients of the Integrated Aeronautical Information Package. PIB contains a recapitulation of current NOTAM and other information of urgent character for the flight crews and operators. PIB are available at the aerodrome PFIU and NOF at HSIA.
Aeronautical Information Circulars The Aeronautical Information Circulars contain information on the long-term forecast of any major change in legislation, regulations, procedure or facilities; information of purely explanatory or advisory nature liable to affect flight safety; and information or notification of an explanatory or advisory nature concerning technical, legislative or purely administrative matters.
Aeronautical Charts CAAB provides a wide range of aeronautical charts. AIS produces the charts that are available in the AIP. Other charts are produced by Survey of Mangladesh. Charts selected from those listed in the ICAO Aeronautical Chart Catalog (Doc 7101) are available for reference at aerodrome PFIU.
Sale of Publication Free of charge distribution: All publications of the Aeronautical Information Services are available from the AIS Headquarter. These documents are available to international aeronautical authorities and ICAO on a reciprocal basis free of charge. On advance payment: For other subscribers these documents are available on advance payment in the following rates (including postage):
|Document||Local Rate||Overseas Rate|
|AIP Bangladesh||Taka 4000||USD 100|
|AIP Amendment Service including AIC (per annum)||Taka 3000||USD 70|
|AIP SUP and AIC (per annum)||Taka 2500||USD 50|
|AIP (CD/DVD)||Taka 2000||USD 50|
|NOTAM are available free of charge to all subscribers to the AIP Amendment Service.|
4. AIRAC System In order to control and regulate the operationally significant changes requiring amendments to charts, route manuals etc, such changes, whenever possible, will be issued on predetermined dates according to the AIRAC system. This type of information will be published as an AIRAC AIP AMDT or an AIRAC AIP SUP. If an AIRAC AMDT or SUP can not be produced due to lack of time, NOTAM clearly marked AIRAC will be issued. Such NOTAM will immediately be followed by an AMDT or SUP.
Air Vice Marshal M Mafidur Rahman